The Killi Association of Bulgaria, (KAB), announces its 7-th Killifish Photo Competition.
We are very excited to present this competition in the field of digital images and hope to encourage international participation by giving enthusiasts the possibility to e-mail their submissions as file attachments.
1. Photography classes:
– Portrait – (There is the whole fish on the picture, also a macro close up…)
– Action – (There are mostly 2-3 fishes in breeding or combat process)
– Free style
2. Parameters for submitted digital files:
– Files format – JPEG
– Resolution – 1024×768(682) pix or 682×1024 pix
Images should follow these parameters approximately, allowing the vertical dimension to fall as per aspect ratio of the particular image. If images do not meet these size requirements, they will be resized by the personal of the Photography Judging Committee, in order to ensure image display during the judging process. Any names or signs on the files are forbidden!
3. The competitor must be the author of the digital file, even if the subject of the photo is not his property.
4. None of the photos must be winners at other Killi photo-contests or published (printed) yet in some aqua-magazines/ bulletins. It doesn’t mean the all forum-sharing photos!
5. Usage of programs such as Photoshop is allowed, but not in a manner that exaggerates the real characteristics of the fish.
(Do not make an original yellow fin intensive orange or red!)
6. File name in the e-mail:
File name should include entrant’s last name, first name, full name of the fish, and location (if known).
7. Number of entries allowed:
There is a limit of 5 files, per class, per entrant.
9. A checklist of submissions must occupy the body of the e-mail(s) accompanying the attached files, and may contain additional information about the fish and other pertaining information.
10. Method of delivery:
Entries should be e-mailed as file attachment to:
subject: KAB 2020 International Killi Photo Competition
– Beginning of file entry – 1st of July 2020
– Dead line for file entry- 23th of December 2020
– Announcement of the competition results- 15th of January 2021
12. The results will be announced through:
– Facebook KAB – Killi Association Bulgaria
– Killi Bulletin of KAB
– World killi web sites
– Aquarium Photograph web sites
– Friendly correspondences
There will be one award in every class. The awards are not financial.
The purpose of the competition is to promote awareness for the Killi fish hobby.
14. All question concerning KAB 2020 Killi Photo Competition must be sent to:
email@example.com Hristo Hristov- Head of the Jury
firstname.lastname@example.org Todor Metchkov- Deputy Head of the Jury
email@example.com Todor Hristov- Chairman of KAB